Testing & Materials
The safety of our products is important for you, your family and all of us. We put an extra level of care into the safety of our products. We are happy to share with you our product information so you can make informed decisions about the products you use, and the type of business you wish to support. We test to Federal and State standards.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our products and processes.
bambu offers safe, well-designed, high quality products.
Our Products Are Food Safe
As you would expect, our products meet or exceed food safety testing. All our products are tested and must pass independent international laboratory testing before we can label our products 'food safe.'
In order to meet the requirements of the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and the Consumer Product Safety Council (CPSC), we use an independent third party to test and certify that our products comply with product safety requirements.
Children's ProductsWhen it comes to children, we take extra measure to ensure our products meet the safety requirements for children. The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act authorizes the Consumer Product Safety Commission to verify compliance of a product based on safety considerations and regulations. CPSC establishes testing protocols to simulate normal or reasonably foreseeable use, damage, or abuse in which toys and other articles intended for use by children may be subjected.
bambu KIDS products are tested by a CPSC accredited testing facility. Certificates of conformity may be made available on request.
We work with consumer protection professionals to keep us apprised of any relevant changes from the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
We invite you to learn more at www.cpsc.gov
It is wise and therefore suggested to take extra precautions with products intended for children. We recommend the following:
- Always use products with adult supervision
- Never leave the child unattended while using these products
- Throw away at first signs of damage or weakness
- Wash thoroughly before use
- Hand wash with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly
- Not recommended for dishwasher or prolonged soaking
- Not recommended for microwave
NOTE; Except for our Teething Tools, our eating utensils are not recommended as teething devices
We use natural and low-impact materials. whenever possible. We use food safe oils, water-based adhesives, natural finishes and waste-water management practices in our production.
For many of our products we eliminate the use of glues and lacquers altogether. Our certified organic products are made from sustainably sourced bamboo.
The source is certified to be free of pesticides, fertilizers, and chemicals. Our USDA certified organic utensils and kids products go one step further. These are finished with a certified organic oil.
Note: We do not use or recommend mineral oil. It is a petroleum-based oil. Instead, we recommend 'Bamboo Goo' our all -natural nourishing formula.
Except for our Bamboo Goo which includes beeswax, all bambu products are also vegan. No animal-derived ingredients are used.
No ingredients or products are produced on shared machinery with non-vegan ingredients, and neither the products nor their ingredients are tested on animals.
We consider several aspects when thinking about packaging; what is it made from, where does it come from, how is it processed, its durability, and recyclability.
We strive to minimize the amount of packaging we use. We look for ways to reduce waste at every opportunity. We are committed to finding solutions to minimize
packaging and use paper from managed sources, and printed using low impact inks.
bambu "Green Solutions' Packaging Practices
- Packaging bands and hangtags are made from 100% post-consumer waste or unbleached recycled Kraft paper.
- Hanging cards and boxes are made from FSC-certified papers and environment-friendly acid-free paper produced using chlorine-free pulps.
- Labels and 'Bamboo Goo' bottles are made from PT (Polyethylene Terephthalate) and can be recycled similar to a plastic soda bottle.
- Catalogs are printed on FSC-certified paper that is 100% chlorine free and at least 20% recycled content.
- Packaging is printed using low VOC vegetable-based inks.