SEE PROMOTION DETAILS BELOW. LIMITED TIME.
It is summer and stay-at-home orders are easing across the US. As a result, more people are venturing outside to hike, climb, camp, bike and paddle. Nature is an ideal antidote to the stresses and restraints we are all experiencing these days.
But spending time outdoors during a pandemic isn’t simple. Questions abound: Even if a trail is open, should I go? Do I wear a face covering? What should I bring with me? What is the proper trail etiquette? Public health experts say it’s generally OK to get outside if people take precautions and do it responsibly.
bambu has joined the Recreate Responsibly Coalition, a newly formed coalition of over 500 nonprofits, businesses, and land managers to develop and share best practices to protect each other and our natural landscapes. The guidelines are meant as a starting point for all outdoor activities to help people stay healthy and keep access open.
The coalition's common ground is a shared love of the outdoors, a desire to help everyone experience the benefits of nature, and a belief that by sharing best practices, people can get outside safely and help keep our parks, trails and public lands open.
The #RecreateResponsibly guidelines are:
- Know Before You Go—Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don't go. If it's crowded, have a backup plan.
- Plan Ahead—Prepare for facilities to be closed, pack lunch and bring essentials like hand sanitizer and a face covering.
- Explore Locally—Limit long-distance travel and make use of local parks, trails and public spaces. Be mindful of your impact on the communities you visit.
- Practice Physical Distancing—Keep your group size small. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you are sick, stay home.
- Play It Safe—Slow down and choose lower-risk activities to reduce your risk of injury. Search and rescue operations and health care resources are both strained.
- Leave No Trace—Respect public lands and waters, as well as Native and local communities. Take all your garbage with you.
- Build an Inclusive Outdoors—Be an active part of making the outdoors safe and welcoming for all identities and abilities.
Know before you go, and enjoy! Responsibly.
SALE IS ON. Our most popular Outdoor-friendly products are on sale. 25% OFF through Friday, July 17th.
Go here to Shop & Save