Meliora Cleaning Products: Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub
As products that we use in our own homes, we are happy to share Meliora Cleaning Products with Bambu customers. Their Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub is a great way to add a little kick of extra power to your eco-friendly home cleaning routine. This mixture of baking soda and our All-Purpose Home Cleaner Soap works great on the tub, tiles, and stovetops around your home.
Meliora Cleaning Products creates products that are always people-and planet-friendly, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and MADE SAFE Certified. Like Bambu, Meliora Cleaning Products is a member of 1% for the Planet which means that 1% of every sale goes towards environmental causes. Every product is made in the US.
This Home Cleaning Scrub is 100% biodegradable and septic-safe.
✓ 100% Plastic-Free
✓ Palm-Oil Free
✓ Synthetic Fragrance-Free
Instructions for Use
- Wet Surface
- Sprinkle Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub Onto Wetted Surface*
- Rub with All-Purpose Dishcloth or LongLife Sponge
- Rinse Surface and Wipe Dry
*Always test a new surface in an inconspicuous area to ensure baking soda won't scratch or harm the finish.
Safe for Use on:
- Stainless Steel
- Ceramic/Porcelain Tile
Avoid Using Scrub On:
- Natural/Sealed Stone
- Non-Stick Cookware
Full Ingredient List [PEPPERMINT TEA TREE]: Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Organic
Melaleuca Alternafolia Leaf (Tea Tree) Oil
Net Weight 12 oz.
More Ingredient Information:
Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate is an odor neutralizer and gentle abrasive.
- Sodium Cocoate: This is the chemical name of saponified (that is, 'made into soap') coconut oil. It's the chemical that grabs onto both dirt and water to do the cleaning.
- Glycerin: This substance is chemically a type of alcohol and is naturally created when the oil is converted into soap. Glycerin is known for skin-softening abilities and is an effective solvent, meaning it can dissolve substances such as stains and dirts.
- Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: There is a small amount of coconut oil left in the soap after conversion to sodium cocoate. This is because we use sodium hydroxide, or lye, in the conversion process and leaving excess oil ensures there is no remaining lye in the finished product. Some soapmakers refer to this as 'superfatting' and more oil remaining results in a softer, more moisturizing bar. Our coconut soap bars have only a small amount of excess oil, so they are not the luxurious body bar type and more of a 'get the job done' bar.
- Water: Water is used in the soapmaking process as a substance that dissolves lye and then is a medium so the lye can reach all of the oil to react. After being useful in this process, the water is allowed to evaporate from the soap over a period of several weeks, and the resulting dried bar has very little water. There is only about 5% water remaining in the finished bars, thus making them more shelf-stable than a liquid soap that would require a preservative due to the high (about 60%) water.
Important Shipping Notice:
Click here to read our notice regarding shipping and potential delays during Covid-19. Please note that ALL carriers, including USPS and UPS, continue to face challenges and delays due to COVID and the increasing number of packages in transit. USPS especially has expected delays of several days or more. Please do not choose Priority Mail if your order is time sensitive. USPS does not guarantee delivery in the time quoted, and is not recommended for urgent orders.
We ship Monday through Friday from Portland, Oregon. We do our very best to ship within 2 business days of receiving your order. The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location.
At this time, we ship to US addresses only.
bambu is pleased to offer Free Standard Ground Shipping* on orders over $95.00. Orders will ship via UPS Ground and must ship to a physical address (no PO Boxes). UPS Ground typically delivers within 3-10 business days. depending on your location. If your order is time sensitive, please call us toll-free at 855-630-3149 to discuss your options.
*Please note that orders shipping to Hawaii or Alaska are excluded from our Free Ground Shipping offer. Shipping via USPS 1st Class to Alaska or Hawaii may take several weeks- we suggest you use Priority Mail for a more timely arrival. Offer also not valid for orders shipping beyond the contiguous United States.
Please note that USPS Priority is not a guaranteed delivery service, and is not recommended for urgent orders.
Expedited shipping is temporarily not available. Click here to read our notice regarding shipping and potential delays during Covid-19.
If you have an urgent need to receive items for an event, we recommend you call us prior to placing your order to inquire about shipping options. We'd be happy to check shipping times to ensure your order is received in time for your event. Customer Care can be reached at 855-630-3149, and we are available from 8 am to 4 pm (Pacific time) Monday through Friday.
**Due to unforeseen weather conditions or peak volume times, UPS and USPS may experience unavoidable delays in package delivery. We are not responsible for delays in the UPS or USPS delivery networks. While we make every attempt to ship your order in a timely manner, we do not have control over the final delivery date of your package.